My Power Cord BLEW UP

Feverishly programming 10 websites at once in Starbucks with coffee in hand, suddenly I heard a loud “POW”. From the corner of my eye, I saw a large spark and then flames shooting up the wall. My Power Cord BLEW UP. Guess my fingers were hitting the keyboard too fast!

Everyone in Starbucks dropped their conversations and looked my way. The flame quickly dispersed and employees asked if everything was OK. All was well, except the fried power cord and a near-drained computer battery which apparently hadn’t been charging for some time.

Needless to say, I needed a replacement cable. Situations that are unexpected happen all the time in our day-to-day to lives. In this case, losing a cable didn’t throw my business of. But, what if it was a HDD or something major like my server. Not having a backup plan in place is scary.

Don’t put your website at risk. The unexpected can happen and when it does, you’ll be thankful you have a backup plan. Get your website on a Daily Backup service with SiteHatchery.com.

As for Starbucks, I was kind of happy that the situation happened, as I was wearing my SiteHatchery.com t-shirt. A little fire is good for publicity, although I don’t recommend going into Starbucks and starting fires as a marketing strategy.

But, if you would like a SiteHatchery.com t-shirt. Just send me an email with your info and I’ll send one out.

By the way, if you are wondering about the power cord. Let’s just say they are not cheap. My jaw hit the floor when I walked into Best Buy and find that power cords are $80! Ouch..

Anyway, all is well now. Back to programming.

-J

Posted by: Sitehatchery.com – a Chico web development company providing web design and development services nationwide.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *